Saturday, October 23, 2010

Week 3. Owl Cookies

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Owl-Cookies-3

Here's the stuff I used.

DSC01135

DSC01136

I made smaller cookies than the recipe says to and added about 1/4 cup of flour, instead of 1/2 cup. I rolled the dough into balls.

DSC01137

Mashed them down with a glass.

DSC01139

Added ears.

DSC01140

Candy sprinkle eyes.

DSC01141

Candy corn beak (don't forget to read the whole recipe before you start baking).

DSC01142

I used mini chocolate chips, and I had to use tweezers to put them on the cookies because they kept melting and sticking to my fingers.

DSC01143

About to go into the oven (again, read, read, read).

DSC01144

And this is what happens when you don't read all of the directions first.

DSC01146

Trying again without candy corn beaks.

DSC01147

Cute owl cookies.

DSC01152

They turned out cute, but they don't taste any better than regular peanut butter cookies. I also had trouble with the chocolate chip eyes falling off when moving them.

I also made these for a Halloween Party on Friday. More candy corn cookies and skeleton sugar cookies.

DSC01134

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Carrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The candy corn ones look really good as the colors are so bright. I do like the pic of the owl with the melted beak :)
    Roslyn

    ReplyDelete