Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 17: Butter Cookies

DSC01404

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Butter-Cookies

I chose this recipe so I could try out my new cookie press that I found for $5 after Christmas. I have mixed feelings about the cookie press. I think I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I do like how it made little bite sized cookies. But when they're so small, it's hard to keep track of how many you've eaten.

DSC01405

I did cheat on the icing. I used store bought icing, since I had some stock piled in my pantry. I added red food coloring to about half of them. I took them to share at a birthday party at the bowling alley, and everyone seemed to like them. My husband is not a fan of the sweet icing, so I should have made a few more for him without icing. He was, after all, complaining that my cookies are making him fat. Yeah, they're making me fat too. I think I need to find a Splenda, whole wheat, fiber cookie in the near future. :)


1 comment: