Saturday, February 19, 2011

week 18: Scottish Shortbread

DSC01406

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Scottish-Shortbread

I originally planned to make a different cookie in honor of Valentines' Day, but I didn't have some of the ingredients, and I wasn't in the mood for something complicated. I wanted something easy, with ingredients I had on hand. I thought these would be the perfect, simple cookie. Not many ingredients, and not very many directions.

I think it would have been easy had I listened to my own advise from last week...let your butter soften before trying to cream it with the sugar. This recipe is ALL butter, and I tried to cream it with the hand mixer before it was soft enough, which burned out the motor. Thankfully, I also have a stand mixer that I could transfer it to, but I like using the hand mixer so much better. I guess I know what I'm doing with the gift card my husband gave me for Valentines Day.

The cookies turned out very good, and I dipped a few in chocolate just for me. I just can't get enough chocolate these days.

DSC01409

No comments:

Post a Comment