Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week 39: Blueberry Squares



http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Blueberry-Squares

This was a disaster from the beginning, but it was my own fault. My kitchen was a disaster. Never start with a messy kitchen. Also, my son would not take a nap and was making a big mess in the middle of my own mess, which just made everything...well, messy.

Things started OK. Mmy crust came out of the oven a little browner than I liked, but it was still edible. I cooked the blueberries as directed on the stove top, and that was fine. Then I began beating the whipping cream and powdered sugar together. Well, I got distracted, and ended up beating it way too long, and it turned into butter.

Thankfully, I had some Cool whip in the freezer, so I let that thaw out a little, then mixed it with the marshmellows. But, when I tried to layer the mixture on top of the crust, the crust fell apart.

So, it's not pretty. I thought, it doesn't have to be pretty as long as it tastes good...well. Not so much. The blueberries were a little sour to begin with, and I think I may have put more lemon juice and lemon zest than it called for, which just made the whole thing sour. Oh, well. Lesson learned.

Start with a clean kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment