Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week 40: Chocolate Chip cookies, small batch recipe

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chocolate-Chip-Cookies---small-batch?refurl=&_mid=2138764&_rid=2138764.1309201813.18118

These cookies turned out fine. They were easy and there were no disasters, like last week. I made sure to start with a perfectly clean kitchen and and entertained child. I just wasn't a big fan of these cookies.

When I found this recipe, I was excited, because it was supposed to be a lighter version of the typical chocolate chip cookie. First, I couldn't find reduced fat margarine, so I used regular. I also used low fat yogurt instead of fat free, because I already had some. I think the yogurt just made them kind of thick, and I'd rather have a lighter, crispier cookie. I think I also missed the butter. Plus, how many calories are you really saving when they still have the same amount of sugar and flour as any other cookie. I also have a big problem with mini chocolate chips. I have decided that they are a complete waste. If I want chocolate, then I want to TASTE chocolate! Mini chocolate chips are so tiny, that they get lost.

Again, not my favorite. I don't recommend them. Just make the real thing with real ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment