Saturday, August 13, 2011

Week 41: Praline Brownies


I knew that this was a bad recipe when 1) I followed the directions twice and burned it both times, 2) I couldn't find the recipe on the Taste of Home website, and 3) there is no picture in the book of what it should look like. So far, all of the recipes I have gotten from my Taste of Home Cookies book have been on tasteofhome.com. "Praline Brownies" were no where to be found.

First the recipe tells you to cook the brown sugar, butter and milk until melted in a sauce pan. Next it says to pour it into a baking pan and sprinkle with pecans. Then you put the brownie mixture over the praline layer and bake it in the oven. Well, the problem is that the praline mixture is already cooked before it makes it into the oven, and the oven just burns it. Maybe if I tried to cook the brownies, and then pour the praline mixture on top, then that would work. It sounded like a good idea, because I love pralines! BTW, it pronounced praw-leens, I don't care what anyone else tells you. :p

Here's a few pictures of my second try:




No comments:

Post a Comment